Download the National Prevention Strategy, National Prevention Council Action Plan, fact sheets, and other information.
- National Prevention Council
- National Prevention Strategy
- Fact Sheets
- Implementation Resources
- Scientific Resources
- Prevention Advisory Group
- Stay Connected
- Contact Us
- National Prevention Council Action Plan (PDF – 1.50 MB)
- National Prevention Council 2012 Annual Status Report (PDF – 490 KB)
- National Prevention Council 2011 Annual Status Report (PDF - 259 KB)
- National Prevention Council 2010 Annual Status Report (PDF - 84 KB)
- National Prevention Strategy (PDF – 4.66 MB)
- Read the Strategy section by section
- National Prevention Strategy News Release
- View the June 16, 2011 release event announcing the National Prevention Strategy
- Fact Sheet: National Prevention Council Action Plan (PDF – 658 KB)
- Fact Sheet: National Prevention Strategy (PDF - 1.04 MB)
- Healthy and Safe Community Environments (PDF - 541 KB)
- Clinical and Community Preventive Services (PDF - 552 KB)
- Empowered People (PDF - 540 KB)
- Elimination of Health Disparities (PDF - 537 KB)
- Tobacco Free Living (PDF - 467 KB)
- Preventing Drug Abuse and Excessive Alcohol Use (PDF - 463 KB)
- Healthy Eating (PDF - 480 KB)
- Active Living (PDF - 492 KB)
- Injury and Violence Free Living (PDF - 467 KB)
- Reproductive and Sexual Health (PDF - 496 KB)
- Mental and Emotional Well-being (PDF - 500 KB)
- State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Governments (PDF - 549 KB)
- Businesses and Employers (PDF - 629 KB)
- Health Care Systems, Insurers, and Clinicians (PDF - 528 KB)
- Early Learning Centers, Schools, Colleges and Universities (PDF - 523 KB)
- Community, Non-Profit, and Faith-Based Organizations (PDF - 538 KB)
- Individuals and Families (PDF - 536 KB)
- County Health Rankings
- State Health Rankings
- Community Commons is an interactive mapping, networking, and learning utility for the broad-based healthy, sustainable, and livable communities’ movement.
These resources were used to validate the evidence base for each recommendation in the National Prevention Strategy.
- The Guide to Community Preventive Services
A free resource to help you choose programs and policies to improve health and prevent disease in your community.
- The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF)
The USPSTF is a leading independent panel of non-Federal experts in prevention and evidence-based medicine.
- Healthy People 2020
Healthy People provides science-based, 10-year national objectives for improving the health of all Americans.
- The Institute of Medicine (IOM)
The IOM applies the National Academies’ rigorous research process, aimed at providing objective and straightforward answers to difficult questions of national importance.
- The Affordable Care Act
Read the full text of the health care law or click on each Title to see a brief outline and then read the law section by section.
Section 4001 called for the establishment of the National Prevention Council and subsequently the development of the
National Prevention Strategy. Download Section 4001 (PDF - 242 KB).
- If you have questions about the National Prevention Council or need additional resources, please contact email@example.com.