Download the National Prevention Strategy, National Prevention Council Action Plan, fact sheets, and other information.
- National Prevention Council
- National Prevention Strategy
- Fact Sheets
- Implementation Resources
- Scientific Resources
- Prevention Advisory Group
- Stay Connected
- Contact Us
- National Prevention Council Action Plan (PDF – 1.5 MB)
- National Prevention Council 2014 Annual Status Report (PDF - 4.8 MB)
- National Prevention Council 2013 Annual Status Report (PDF – 3.3 MB)
- National Prevention Council 2012 Annual Status Report (PDF – 490 KB)
- National Prevention Council 2011 Annual Status Report (PDF – 259 KB)
- National Prevention Council 2010 Annual Status Report (PDF – 84 KB)
- National Prevention Strategy (PDF – 4.66 MB)
- Read the Strategy section by section
- National Prevention Strategy news release
- Fact Sheet: National Prevention Strategy (PDF – 699 KB)
- Fact Sheet: National Prevention Council (PDF – 687 KB)
- Fact Sheet: National Prevention Council Action Plan (PDF – 693 KB)
- Hoja Informativa en Español: Estrategia Nacional de Prevención (PDF – 650 KB)
- Strategic Directions
- Partners Can
- State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Governments (PDF – 549 KB)
- Businesses and Employers (PDF – 629 KB)
- Health Care Systems, Insurers, and Clinicians (PDF – 528 KB)
- Early Learning Centers, Schools, Colleges and Universities (PDF – 523 KB)
- Community, Non-Profit, and Faith-Based Organizations (PDF – 538 KB)
- Individuals and Families (PDF – 536 KB)
- County Health Rankings
- State Health Rankings
- Community Commons is an interactive mapping, networking, and learning utility for the broad-based healthy, sustainable, and livable communities’ movement.
These resources were used to validate the evidence base for each recommendation in the National Prevention Strategy.
- The Guide to Community Preventive Services A free resource to help you choose programs and policies to improve health and prevent disease in your community.
- The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) The USPSTF is a leading independent panel of non-Federal experts in prevention and evidence-based medicine.
- Healthy People 2020 Healthy People provides science-based, 10-year national objectives for improving the health of all Americans.
- The Institute of Medicine (IOM) The IOM applies the National Academies’ rigorous research process, aimed at providing objective and straightforward answers to difficult questions of national importance.
- The Affordable Care Act Read the full text of the health care law or click on each Title to see a brief outline and then read the law section by section.
Section 4001 called for the establishment of the National Prevention Council and subsequently the development of the
National Prevention Strategy. Download Section 4001 (PDF - 242 KB).
- If you have questions about the National Prevention Council or need additional resources, please contact email@example.com.