Reports and Publications
The Surgeon General of the Public Health Service has focused the Nation's attention on important public health issues. Reports of the Surgeon General on the adverse health consequences of smoking triggered nationwide efforts to prevent tobacco use. Reports and other publications on nutrition, violence, and HIV/AIDS—to name but a few—have heightened America's awareness of important public health issues and generated major public health initiatives.
- National Strategy for Suicide Prevention: Goals and Objectives for Action. A report of the U.S. Surgeon General and of the National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention
- Preventing Tobacco Use Among Youth and Young Adults: A Report of the Surgeon General
- The Surgeon General's Call to Action to Support Breastfeeding
- How Tobacco Smoke Causes Disease: The Biology and Behavioral Basis for Smoking-Attributable Disease
- The Surgeon General’s Vision for a Healthy and Fit Nation
For more publications, please browse the complete listings by publication type (shown in the navigation).