Facing Addiction in America: The Surgeon General’s Report on Alcohol, Drugs, and Health, 2016
The first-ever Surgeon General’s Report on Alcohol, Drugs, and Health reviews what we know about substance misuse and how you can use that knowledge to address substance misuse and related consequences. Read the full report.
This Executive Summary provides an overview of the full report of the Surgeon General and highlights the conclusions and findings.
The following sections provide key findings of each of the chapters in the Report:
- The Neurobiology of Substance Use, Misuse, and Addiction
- Prevention Programs and Policies
- Early Intervention, Treatment, and Management of Substance Use Disorders
- Recovery: The Many Paths to Wellness
- Health Care Systems and Substance Use Disorders
Additional Information and Materials
- Vision for the Future
- Supplementary Materials
- Report Highlights: At A Glance: A brief summary of main statistics and messages
- General Findings and Recommendations Fact Sheet: An overview of the central findings and significant recommendations
- Finding and Recommendation Fact Sheets for Different Audiences: Specific findings and recommendations are described for: