The Surgeon General’s Call to Action to Support Breastfeeding
- Executive Summary [PDF - 833KB]
- The Surgeon General’s Call to Action to Support Breastfeeding [PDF - 1.96MB]
- Fact Sheet
To order printed copies of The Surgeon General's Call to Action to Support Breastfeeding and other materials, please call 1-800-CDC-INFO or email email@example.com and reference the publication title.
Resources for Mothers
- Your Guide to Breastfeeding
Download this guide to get how-to information and support for breastfeeding successfully. To order printed copies, call 1-800-994-9662 (TDD 888-220-5446).
- The National Breastfeeding Helpline: 1-800-994-9662
Talk with trained breastfeeding peer counselors who can help answer common breastfeeding questions in English or Spanish.
Resources for Employers
- Supporting Nursing Moms at Work: Employer Solutions (womenshealth.gov)
This online resource provides businesses with cost-effective tips and solutions for any industry setting.
- The Business Case for Breastfeeding (womenshealth.gov)
This comprehensive program is designed to educate employers about the value of supporting breastfeeding employees in the workplace. You can download the toolkit for building a lactation program or order a free kit.
- Break Time for Nursing Mothers (Department of Labor)
Guidance, laws, news, and resources on break time for nursing mothers under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Additional Online Resources
Updated August 12, 2014