Bone Health and Osteoporosis: A Report of the Surgeon General
Issued October 14, 2004
Documents in PDF format require the Adobe Acrobat Reader®. If you experience problems with PDF documents, please download the latest version of the Reader®.
- Press Release
- Remarks by Secretary Tommy G. Thompson at the Launch of the Report
- Message from the Secretary – A one-page message from Secretary Tommy G. Thompson [PDF 64KB]
- Executive Summary – The executive summary version of the report is a technical publication that includes excerpts from the complete report. [PDF 276KB]
- Full Report– Thirteen chapters plus the message, preface, contents, acknowledgments, appendices, and index.
- Download report as a single file - [PDF 24.5MB]
- The 2004 Surgeon General's Report on Bone Health and Osteoporosis: What It Means To You — This booklet explains the report and how individuals can take action to improve their bone health. (En Espanól) [PDF 1.22MB]
- Fact Sheets — Four fact sheets in HTML and PDF format.
- Osteoporosis in the Family Video Link — (streaming video format) Video News Release and Transcript [HTML]
You will need Real Player ® to view this video.
- Constituency Outreach Kit – Contains materials for organizations to use to increase awareness about bone health and the Surgeon General’s Report, including tips, fact sheets, press releases, and a PowerPoint presentation. [PDF 984KB] [PPT 6.82MB] [HTML]
- Report of the Surgeon General’s Workshop on Osteoporosis and Bone Health (2003) – Contains the report on the workshop held December 12-13, 2002.
- Order a Printed Copy - Orders will be fulfilled by the Osteoporosis and Related Bone Diseases ~ National Resource Center, National Institutes of Health. To order by telephone, call 1-800-624-BONE (2663) Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM eastern time, except for Federal holidays.