Preventing Tobacco Use Among Youth and Young Adults: A Report of the Surgeon General, 2012
- Executive Summary [PDF - 270 KB]
- Download the full report as a single file [PDF – 17.6 MB]
- Download the report by section
- Errata Notice
Ordering printed copies: To order printed copies of these documents, go to www.cdc.gov/tobacco and click the Publications Catalog link under Tools & Resources.
An easy-to-read guide with practical information and steps every American can take to join the fight against youth tobacco use:
- Overview of Key Findings from the Preventing Tobacco Use Among Youth and Young Adults Report
- Hoja Informativa en Español - Prevención del Tabaquismo en los Jóvenes y Adultos Jóvenes: Informe de la Informe de la Cirujana General de los EE. UU
Public Service Announcement: Making Our Next Generation Tobacco Free
Every day, more than 1,200 Americans die from smoking.
Promotional Buttons and eCard
- The button is available in three sizes and features a photo of a young woman and the following message: “Smoking harms health from the very first puff. Learn more.” Upload this button to your Web site, blog, or social networking site to help promote the report. Get buttons
- The eCard is an electronic greeting that features a photo of a young woman and whose headline reads “Smoking harms health from the very first puff. Learn more.” Use this card to share this key message from the report and provide links to the report. Add a personal message, too, if desired. Send the eCard to one person or use the option to send to multiple people. Send an eCard