The Health Consequences of Smoking: A Report of the Surgeon General
May 27, 2004
- Press Release
- Remarks by the Surgeon General at the Launch of the Report — Vice Admiral Richard H. Carmona, M.D., M.P.H., F.A.C.S.
- Executive Summary - The executive summary version of the report is a technical publication that includes excerpts from the complete report. [PDF 112 KB]
- Complete Report — Contains PDF versions of the eight chapters plus the foreword, preface, contents, acknowledgments and index.
- Fact Sheets — Eleven fact sheets in HTML and PDF format.
- Health Consequences of Smoking — Database
This Web site serves as an interactive component of the 2004 Surgeon General's Report: The Health Consequences of Smoking. The database includes abstracts of more than 1,600 key articles cited in the 2004 Surgeon General's Report.
- What The Surgeon General's Report Means to You [PDF - 1.19MB]
- U.S. Public Health Service Tobacco Cessation Guideline — The latest drugs and counseling techniques for treating tobacco use and dependence.