Public Health Reports
Public Health Reports (PHR) is the official journal of the Office of the U.S. Surgeon General and the U.S. Public Health Service. Published since 1878, PHR has been a key resource for those working in the field of public health.
PHR is a peer-reviewed journal, published on a bi-monthly basis, featuring articles on public health practice and research.
PHR is published by SAGE Publishing Inc.,
through an agreement with the Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health (ASPPH) .
View the table of contents of recent issues or subscribe to Public Health Reports .
Surgeon General's Perspectives
PHR regularly publishes the "Surgeon General's Perspectives", which discuss important national public health issues. Here are the most recent 'Perspectives' from the Surgeon General:
- Hurricane Maria and a Generation of Resistencia (PDF), May/June 2018
- The Value of Wellness (PDF), March/April 2018
- Charting the Course to End HIV Transmission in the United States (PDF), November/December 2017
- Stepping Into Healthier Communities: Revisiting the Progress of Step It Up (PDF), January/February 2017
- Food Insecurity: A Public Health Issue (PDF), September/October 2016
- Reducing Exposure to Secondhand Smoke: Let's Keep the Momentum Going (PDF), July/August 2016
- A Promise Fulfilled—Addressing the Nation's Opioid Crisis Collectively (PDF), May/June 2016
- Oral Health in America, 2000 to Present: Progress Made, But Challenges Remain (PDF), March/April 2016